Monday 10 February 2014

"The Randomers" Review

For those who did not catch the youtube link, click here to watch "The Randomers".
The advertisement read: "Female, 23, seeking relationship without speaking".

A movie about love, that truly had me put my knitting and crocheting down, because it has no dialogue.  What held it together was the actors amazing pairs of eyes that spoke volumes and a well put together pieces of music that has no connection at all, but only evokes reminiscence of Charlie Chaplin's silent movie or the sound of the distant cry of abandoned animals.

It takes guts to make a romantic story without words.  As Shakespeare puts it in "The Tempest":
     "Hear my soul speak: The very instant that I saw you, did my heart fly to your service."
How does the Graham Jones (director) succeeded in conveying these two lovebirds' love, without proper conversations between them?

For sure, you have to see the movie to know how.  Although, I can tell you this.
Watch for the beautiful ocean scenery around the west coast of Ireland, Connemara National Park, and forests around Galway.

Think about this, if you don't count the meaningless conversations between you and your partner, such as, "Coming back for dinner?", "What time do you expect me to be at your office function?", and the sort, then, you'll know that between the two of you, you pretty much do not saying anything meaningful throughout the day.
Discounting the "I love you"s that became pretty much a drill.

Perhaps this valentine, you can look into your partner's eyes and tell her what you really feel without speaking a word.  If she doesn't get it, try a sonnet?

"The Merchant of Venice"
     "One half of me is yours, the other half yours mine own, I would say; but if mine, then yours, and so all yours."

4 comments:

  1. Nice post and awesome review..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoyed the movie like I did :)

      Delete
  2. oh how cute. I guess ya most things we say to each other is quite meaningless, but I think thats what make me appreciate the little things when they do happen more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to vocalise appreciation as words carry energy. It's even better if one can appreciate the meaningfulness of quietness.
    <3 _/\_ <3

    ReplyDelete