Tuesday 4 February 2014

Mainstream Defiler


If I were a person living in the middle ages, I would be a woman who knows how to read (at that time, people outside the church did not learn how to read/write) and just so happen to have a black cat, and was fried at the stake.

Since then, I never choose a role that's boring as so called 'mainstream role'.  Although I bought into 'mainstream' a long long time ago, thinking that I'd be an awesome accountant for the big 5 with a super IT husband and a pair of cutesy pie kids.  
To have life turned out like what it is now, is like trying to go to London-England, but somehow ending up at London-Canada.

I guess I'm a 'mainstream defiler' and I've been given a very much non-mainstream child.  Call her "special needs kid", call her "autistic", call her "naughty", I call her my love.

Everyday I wake up and thank the source for giving me the life that I never expected.  That my world is so different from my peers' and that makes me ready for anything and everything.




4 comments:

  1. I've learned that life never works out the way expected.... graduated from highschool even university I thought I'd work in either Toronto or Vancouver downtown but then I ended up in Ottawa... I also thought I ws going to get married and alas I'm wayyy behind now lol. I think theres nothing wrong being a mainstream defiler. and I'm sure you are on a great path that lead you to great and wonderful things!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you J, really enjoying these detours in life :)

      Delete
  2. I love your blog
    im also joing the single mommy club next month and its such a daunting feeling but reading blogs from strong educated moms such as yourself makes me feel empowered!
    oh and i work with autistic children for a living, im a SENCO and honestly they are the smartest, purest & most loving children ever <3
    i followed you xxx
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zara May, great to hear you're a SENCO. Always be happy, these kids can feel us. :)

      Delete